Friday, December 2, 2011

Letter from Senator Dick Durbin and my Reply



I sent the following reply.  

Dear Mr. Durbin,

In regards to your letter on Gun Control.

Your response letter is appalling to me.  I realize it's a canned response, but you must have approved it, which means your view is that the 2nd Amendment protects our rights to hunt and participate in shooting sports.  Dear sir, the 2nd amendment is not about hunting!  Our Founding fathers made it clear that our right to bare arms was about protecting ourselves and our property, including from the threat of a tyrannical government.  It's the legislators in Washington D.C who pose the biggest threat to our freedom and our individual liberty.  I'm not concerned about my rights to shoot deer or paper targets, I'm concerned about my rights to protect myself against people like you who don't believe in my unalienable rights.

Also, I would like to point out that laws like the Brady Bill made it so only officers of the state have access to high powered weapons.  How are we supposed to defend ourselves against these officers in the event that they are turned against us? 

The LAPD Chief said, "There is no reason that a peaceful society based on rule of law needs its citizenry armed with 30-round magazines".  Well I say there actually is a reason.     

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty. 

Mr. Durbin, I urge you to reconsider your views on the Second Amendment.

Thank you and good day,

Sincerely,

Michael Ortiz
Danville, IL

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment