Sunday, September 5, 2010

Open Letter to the NRA I'm done








TO:

National Rifle Association of America
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

FROM:

Michael Ortiz (Life Member on EPL Plan) (ID # 154439297)
Danville, IL


I request that you cancel my membership to the National Rifle Association (NRA) of America.

While I have been a proud member of this organization nearly my entire life, staring with a Jr. Membership at the age 14, I Can no longer support the NRA decisions that support the unequal treatment of American citizens by the Federal Government, in addition to supporting leaders who are moving forward an agenda that will destroy the liberty still enjoyed by Americans, which will ultimately include the freedom protected by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The NRA's recent actions are extremely short-sighted and unsettling.

Three specific actions on the part of the NRA have influenced my decision to cancel my membership in the organization:

1. The NRA's decision to withdraw opposition to the Disclose Act only after Democrats added an exemption that applied to the NRA.

2. Even though the NRA has released a statement saying that they do not officially endorse Harry Reid the contributions given to him paired with the resistance to officially endorse his opponent who is a strong 2nd Amendment supporter add up to nothing less than an actual practical endorsement.

3. Issuing what amounts to a gag order on board members to voice their opinion on the recent SCOTUS appointment of Elena Kagen.

At one time the NRA was a great champion for the 2nd Amendment, I am deeply saddened by this fall. I hope that NRA leaders will undertake a thorough reexamination of their recent actions in order to do whatever they can to reverse them, and will decide to once again champion causes in support of liberty and justice for all – instead of for the viability of the organization only.

Cordially,



Michael T. Ortiz


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this weekend is good for me, for the reason that this point in time i
    am reading this great informative post here at my residence.


    My web blog: waist to height ratio ranges

    ReplyDelete