Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Free enterprise in Danville, IL

I love how free market enterprise now includes getting money from the government, at least that's how it was portrayed during the city council meeting in Danville, IL.  I understand the arguments made and I'll even go so far as to say that this might actually have been a good use of TIF funds, but it saddens me how it seems this is becoming the norm.  Also, concerning is how rapidly these things seem to get done and pushed through.  Seeing how the system works lately all one must do is call up the city give them a dollar amount and  deadline a few days away and they'll vote to cut you check, it's really that simple, we all should be doing it.

Maybe this will end up being a good deal for the city of Danville, at least I hope so.

Cheers,

Mike

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment