Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ashamed of the GOP

I remember how proud I was the first time I voted in a major election.  I also remember how great I thought it was in 2000 when GW won, for sure all the problems in this country would be solved I thought, boy was I naive.  I've pretty much been a solid Republican my whole life, I've supported and volunteered for candidates in Congressional races and State races, always believing that the party was some how honorable. 

In 2012 all that changes.  Sadly I just took steps to become officially active this year and now I don't even know if I can stomach being called a Republican.  I have not watched any of the Convention and don't know if I will, aside from a few youtube clips on facebook, I couldn't care less now knowing how the party I ounce believed to be honorable, will simply fix the rules any way they like to get the outcome they desire.  I might as well be a Democrat if I just wanted to strong arm people into doing things a certain way.

Can it be that I've become too cynical?  Perhaps, but I know one thing for sure.  I am not supporting Mitt Romney.  I've been saying that for months now as have many others and I think many people have just been turning a blind eye, thinking we all will come to our collective senses to support the GOP candidate.  I actually believe that they think by taking over the process and forcing the Paul Supporters out, would make us just bow down to their flavor of tyranny.  Well they are wrong.  If Ron Paul doesn't support a full fledged write in campaign, I think I'm going to support Gary Johnson.  I really want to write Ron Paul's name on the ballot, but if he doesn't commit to this intention it would be a truly wasted vote, whereas selecting Johnson, at least helps bring an established party closer to legitimacy.

Cheers,

Mike
         

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:



  1. Feel free to suгf to my ωeb-site; erotic massage london
    My website: tantra london

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lеѕ gu�risseurѕ traԁitionnеls, l'utilisent dans leur pratique, s'еn
    Massage for more than ԁetaіls on tantric maѕsage masѕage.
    The lineament οf the ωе cаn be knowleԁgеable.
    Based uрon thе findingѕ of the risk of infection appraiѕal, interventіons
    obwohl dіe Ѕteіne іn der hired man nicht hеі� wаren.


    mу weblog :: Trustworthy Company That Provides Erotic Massage London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, its pleasant article regarding media print, we all know media is a enormous source of data.


    My webpage calories walking

    ReplyDelete