Friday, October 9, 2009

And the Nobel Peace Prize goes to Obama

I'm glad Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. After all he has ended the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. He's closed Gitmo. Then he single handily forged peace in the middle east and rid the world of all nuclear weapons.

WHAT!!!

Obviously I'm not the only one who's writing about this so I'm going to keep it brief and to the point. When did they start giving the Nobel Peace Prize away to people who talk about peace? Is it really that meaningless now. I guess Al Gore did get one for making a movie about a theroy so who knows. The Nobel should not be an award for good effort like a smiley face sticker on your 3rd graders math test. Our president has not even completed a whole term yet and he hasn't actually done anything for peace aside from TALK about it.

Gitmo is not closed.
Our soldiers are still dying in action.
Muslims still hate Jews and Jews Still hate Muslims.
Many nations including ourselves still have many nuc's.
Democrats and Republicans are still mortal enemies.

But in Obamas defense I guess it would be hard to actually have done any of those things in the 12 days he was POTUS when the deadline for the Nobel Prize came in February. At least the Presidents speech was humble, he did question himself whether he deserved the award.

I mean really!

Like there's any question to whether he deserved it.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Cheers,

Mike

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment