Thursday, January 13, 2011

Civility

"Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him. He stole billions of dollars from the United States government and he's running for governor of Florida. He's a millionaire and a billionaire. He's no hero. He's a damn crook. It's just we don't prosecute big crooks."

-U.S. Representative Paul Kanjorski (D)

The very same esteemed gentleman from Pennsylvania recently called for Civility in political discussion in the aftermath of the Arizona shooting which took the lives of six and left Congresswomen Giffords gravely injured. It seems to me that Civility is something Mr. Kanjorski is not qualified to discuss.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am an American

I believe speaking out against my Government is a responsibility

I am not Civil

I question the motives of those whose opinion is radically different from my own

I am not Civil

I believe in Freedom and Liberty

I am not Civil

I love the U.S. Constitution

I am not Civil

I challenge those around me when I hear inaccurate information

I am not Civil

I demand the Truth

I am not Civil

It seems that the progressive definition of Civility means that we cannot act as free citizens of a Constitutional Republic. We must subdue our own thoughts as well as our voice in order to allow those who wish it, to fundamentally transform our Country. I refuse to accept this definition of Civility.

I am not Civil

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. This is exactly how i feel whenever Liberal/Progressive/Coffee Party members speak of civility.

    It sort of reminds me of the hippy movement in that we should all get along and love each other.

    The problem is that's not how life really works. Once again, people of the "civil" ilk are trying to control human nature. Sounds a lot like the V, don't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, when many of us were questioning (peacefully, I might add) the actions of President Bush in starting two unnecessary wars we were criticized from the right for being "unpatriotic" and "not supporting our troops."

    But now that you don't like the current administration you say "speaking out against my Government is a responsibility."

    Phony hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, I never spoke out against you or anyone for that matter, so I would appreciate not being called a Phony hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete