Friday, June 5, 2009

Government Spending

Am I the only one who grew up with parents who tried to teach me that spending more than you make is not a good idea? Did everyone else have parents who spent 3 or 30 times more than they made and taught their Kids to do so is good and patriotic? I mean really? I listen to and read financial experts who constantly preach about lower debt load and putting savings in the bank. But this is exactly the opposite of what we as a country are doing right now.

I have no idea how true this is but I Heard on T.V. the U.S. has borrowed more money in the last 6 months than they did in the last 30 years combined. Whether this is exactly true or not it's no secret that out spending has grown. If you include all the stimulus and bail outs as well as the increased budget obligations it wouldn't surprise me if the stat was true. Think about this. China is buying most of the bonds from the US right now. What do you think this means?


Can you imagine a presidential administration from Regan's era or earlier that would even allow a foreign country to be so heavily invested in the U.S. much less a communist one?


Is this what freedom has become? Soon we are all going to be eating
chow-mien and speaking mandarin.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment