Thursday, June 4, 2009

Obama today

Well I think that his speech today may be the first one I felt was
real, even if he used a teleprompter. He may have tried a bit too
hard to paint a cheery picture of the Islamic faith and culture, but
at it's root Islam is an inspirational faith. It gets dark and twisted
when those who wish to do harm turn it into something that it's not.

I think the most important part of his words today, was the strong
support of Israel. He needed to do this as Israel and many Jews
around the world were beginning to feel as if a Barack Obama U.S.
wouldn't have their back if Israel goes at it with Iran. I question
how much strength his words regarding a Palestine state have? Bush
and Clinton both said just about the same things, I guess we'll see.

Overall he could have been a bit stronger in his language. I'm sure there
are those who will come out with serious criticism over his words
today but I think it's a cut above the rest so far. At least he
didn't apologize for America again.

Even if the U.S. is not REALLY one of the largest Muslim states in the
world as he said yesterday, I think this speech will play well for the
the U.S. and the rest of the World alike.

I hope this signals a change in his swagger regarding foreign policy
but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment